Concept2 Model E Indoor Rower
The Performance Monitor is what sets Concept2 Indoor Rowers apart from other training devices, and every Model E includes our most advanced monitor, the PM5. Sophisticated yet easy to use, the PM5 provides accurate, comparable data for every row. A backlight increases visibility, compatibility with USB flash drives makes storing your workout data a breeze, and you can wirelessly monitor your heart rate. The longer monitor arm on the Model E keeps it all within easy reach.
Flywheel and Damper
Our indoor rowers respond to your effort on every stroke, so you are in full control of your exertion and resistance at all times. The spiral damper allows you to quickly adjust the airflow to the flywheel, so you can change the feel of the stroke to suit your preference. The flywheel design minimizes noise while maximizing a smooth feel.
The Model E stands tall in a crowd. In a commercial setting, Model E users won’t be dwarfed by the surrounding ellipticals and treadmills. In a private setting, you’ll have the comfort and ease of getting on a machine that’s at chair height. The 20 inch (50.8 cm) seat height is particularly helpful if your knees don’t bend like they used to, if you’ll be getting on and off the indoor rower from a wheelchair, or if you just prefer sitting higher off the ground.
Storage and Mobility
The Model E features a quick-release (no tools required!) framelock mechanism, so you can easily separate the machine into two pieces for storage. Caster wheels on the front foot allow you to roll the fully-assembled machine into position.
Nickel Plated Chain and Enclosed Chain Housing
Nickel plated chain: looks good and works hard. The nickel plating allows for longer periods between oiling, and the fully enclosed chain housing keeps the chain cleaner. So, even if maintenance isn’t your strong suit, the Model E will still feel silky smooth during your next workout.
More Height, More Leg
To support the 20 inch frame height, we went with a one-piece leg design for both the front and rear legs. The end result? Stability and a sure, solid feel.
Adjustable Footrests and Ergonomic Handle
We use adjustable footrests on our indoor rowers for quick and easy sizing. (Footrests accommodate a wide range of shoe sizes.) Our comfortable, ergonomic handle features a 10 degree bend that allows you to row with a natural arm and hand position.
The Model E requires the installation of the front and rear legs, the monitor arm, pickup cable, and the Performance Monitor using a total of 10 screws. We include the necessary tool and clear, illustrated instructions. Allow about 30–45 minutes for the job.
Durable Construction That’s Easy to Maintain
Our machines are well-known for their durability and construction. Tough and built to last, our machines withstand rigorous use in boat houses, training centers, living rooms, hotels, health clubs and military bases around the world. We make sure our machines are easy to care for so you can focus on using your investment, not maintaining it.
- Monitor: PM5
- Overall Length: 96 in (244 cm)
- Width: 24 in (61 cm)
- Seat Height: 20 in (51 cm)
- Monorail Length: 54 in (137 cm) — Users with an inseam of 38 inches (96.5 cm) or more may require an extra-long monorail. Contact Concept2 for more information.
- Chain or Cord: Nickel-plated steel chain
- Chain/Cord Housing: Fully enclosed
- Power Generation for PM: Takes two D cell batteries. During your workout, the monitor draws power from the spinning flywheel to extend battery life.
- Maximum User Weight: 500 lbs (227 kg) as tested by Concept2.*
- *300 lbs (135 kg) as tested per European Stationary Fitness Equipment Testing Standard EN 20957-7.
- Support Legs: Welded steel
- Monitor Arm: Fixed monitor arm made of aluminum. Monitor angle can be adjusted.
- Finish: Double powder coat with glossy finish
- Color Scheme: Light gray or black
- Storage: Can be separated into two parts for easy storage
- Assembled: 8 ft x 2 ft (244 cm x 61 cm)
- With Clearance for Use: 9 ft x 4 ft (274 cm x 122 cm)
- For Storage: 27 in x 47 in x 54 in (68.6 cm x 119.4 cm x 137.2 cm)
- Machine Weight: 65 lb (29 kg)
- Two boxes:
- 15 in x 22 in x 56 in (38 cm x 56 cm x 142 cm)
- 13 in x 25 in x 28 in (33 cm x 64 cm x 71 cm)
- Box 1: 58 lb (27 kg)
- Box 2: 27 lb (13 kg)