Precor Discovery Series Converging Shoulder Press DSL 515
This unit is designed to set up the user correctly to ensure proper joint stabilization during lifting. Horizontal and neutral hand positions provide user options for perfect fit and exercise variety.
Advanced Movement Design
The converging angle of the movement arms allow for proper lifting to prevent shoulder impingement.
The counter-balanced movement arms create a proper motion path and low starting lift weight.
- Length: 61 inches / 155 cm
- Width: 59 inches / 150 cm
- Height: 61 inches / 155 cm
- Equipment Weight: 527 lbs / 239 kg
- Incremental Add-on Weight: 5 lbs (2.3 kg)
- Weight Stack: 200 lbs / 91 kg
- Workout Area (L x W): 61 L x 59 W / 155 L x 150 W
- Weight Stack: Units have fully shrouded weight stacks in full compliance with ASTM and EN standards. Each selector plate is entirely precision-machined on all surfaces. Top plate has replaceable precision self-lubricating bushings. The plates feature a black painted protective finish. Guide rods are precision centerless ground, polished, with corrosion-resistant plating for smooth operation and rust retardation. The weight stack is elevated to facilitate user pin selection from seated position.
- Upholstery: Premium-quality 3D urethane molded-foam padding for maximum comfort. Fabric meets or exceeds California fire regulations (Bulletin 117, section E). Automotive-grade, two-textured fabric features double top stitching on all seams.
- Adjustable Seat: Yes, gas-assisted ratcheting seat adjustment.
- Adjustments: Gas -assist ratcheting seat adjustment requires only a lift to release the lever. Large adjustment handle includes slip-resistant rubber overmold. Adjustment points are highlighted with a contrasting color for easy identification and use.
- Instructional Placard: Easy to understand exercise placards feature large set-up and start and finish position diagrams that are visibly easy to identify. QR codes provide quick and easy video instruction from your smart phone.
- Bearings and Pivot Points: Oversized, linear, re-circulating ball bearings run on case-hardened shafts and are sealed and self aligning. Pivot points and joints feature motor-grade sealed ball bearings, or sleeve bearings, utilizing either oil-impregnated bronze bushings or pre-lubricated nylon bushings. Bolts are grade 5 or above in all applications.
- Water Bottle and Accessories Holder: The non-slip drink-and-accessory tray is integrated and features large open, even surface area, easily accessible and easy to keep clean.
- Pulleys and Cables: Glass-fiber-reinforced nylon pulleys for durability, with precision motor-grade ball bearing pulleys. Cable consists of 3/16 inch (7″x19″) aircraft cable coated with black pressure-extruded nylon to 1/4 inch or 1/8 inch and coated to 3/16 inch. The cables conform to specification MIL-W-83420D-BARE cable only. When used, redirection pulleys route cables close to frame to minimize chance of external interference.
- Frame and Finish: The frame is 11 gauge (.120 in) 2×4″ electroweld steel racetrack tubing. Movement arms are made of electroweld steel round tubing. The five-stage material prep/wash process if followed by an electrostatically applied, heat-cured powder coat.
- Bolt Down Capability: Yes
- General Features: Natural converging axis allows for more natural motion and greater range of motion. Dual horizontal and neutral handles allow for varying position of the shoulder joint. Arms counterbalance to 10 pound start weight.
- Standard Shroud Color: Pacific Blue, Dark Cavern, Black
- Standard Upholstery Colors: Black, Mahogany, Imperial Blue, Paprika, Graphite, Royal Blue, Slate, American Beauty Red, Terra Cotta
- Standard Frame Colors: Gloss Metallic Silver, Metallic Ash, Desert Bronze, Black Magic Gloss, Gloss White